For example, in cases where there are Inadequate Sources to verify the registration information, the information is added to the database “as is.”
INADEQUATE_SOURCES - If the record is not a duplicate of an existing record and does not conflict with publicly available sources, the information may not be able to be found via publicly available sources. In this case, "Inadequate Sources" is noted. Source: CICIUtility
In an effort to improve data quality, the DTCC plans to establish a vendor workgroup that, working together, can enhance the business rules and data accuracy of the CICI and ultimately the LEI. We at Alacra look forward to joining the group.
In the interim, Alacra thoroughly checks each of the Certified CICI entities before admitting it to the Alacra Authority File. This is the process the Alacra Reference Data team follows to handle quality assurance and data corrections.
- Split records into groups with
- populated data and
- unpopulated data fields.
- For records with populated data fields
- Correct information in the wrong fields (city/state attributes switched).
- Review populated fields and correct any internal inconsistencies (postal not matching country).
- For records with missing data
- Populate missing data from inference off another field. (Infer city from postal).
- Correct spelling mistakes.
- Expand address abbreviations.
- Format address attributes in consistent format per country. Note: we do not verify the reported address.
- Remove notations from the name field.
- Expand name abbreviations.
If you would like to stay in touch with us about our approach and view of reference data, Sign up here.