The Economist Intelligence Unit, the business information arm of The Economist Group (publisher of The Economist), is the most respected provider of country analysis for governments, multi-national corporations and financial institutions around the world.
That is why we are very excited to announce the launch of over 200 country snapshots in the Alacra Store highlighting economic data and reports from the Economist Intelligence Unit. In partnering with Alacra, the EIU has made many key economic indicators publicly available on the Web for the first time.
As stated in the press release, some of the highlights of the Country Snapshots include:
• Premium Content Results with the latest Credit & Investment Research, Market Research, Economic Data and News on a given country
• A 3-year Country Forecast Overview, featuring key economic indicators such as Real GPD Growth, Consumer Price Inflation, and Current Account Balance
• Historical GDP and GDP Growth Rates in both table and chart format
• A quantitative risk assessment of the risk of doing business in each country
Here are some examples of economic data you can access (for free!) in the Alacra Store:
• The GDP of Brazil for 2001 - 2005
• A forecast for the United States Current Account Balance
• 2007 Consumer Price Inflation projection for Japan